Council Growers Sod Farm Is Where To Buy Sod In Tampa
As the closest sod farm to the Tampa bay area, our sod couldn’t be any fresher for your yard project! Pickup at our farm, call for delivery or request a free installation estimate.
Buy Sod Fresh Off The Farm Direct To Your Yard! Pickup, Delivery or Installation
We kindly ask that you place your order in advance to insure your sod is ready the day you wish to install it.
Why Sod Your Yard Now
- Improved varieties of sod – Floratam St Augustine and Bahia still have their place but there are many new tried and true Florida friendly types of grass to choose from. Check out Empire Zoysia!
- Instant curb appeal – you can resod a lawn and really spruces up your home…an overnight transformation!
- Reduce dirt and allergens from tracking in the house – if you have kids or animals you know what we mean!
- Fewer weeds – New fresh sod is healthy sod and healthy sod doesn’t give weeds as much room to grow as unhealthy or sparse grass.
- We’re fortunate to live in the Tampa Bay and Sarasota areas where the weather is usually mild. Unless we’re expecting freezing temperatures or serious drought conditions you can replace sod almost any time of year.
- You and your family can get outside and enjoy your yard with fresh turf cut right off the farm from Council Growers!
What Sod Grows in the Full Sun or Part Shade?
All sod is grown in the field in full sun so any variety of grass will grow in full sun in your yard. With regard to shade, while no sod will survive in a great deal of shade, some will do better than others in moderate shade. To help you consider your options for your yard please refer to our shade scale.
When To Sod Your Yard
Florida is a great place to live if you’re thinking about re-sodding your lawn. Unless we’re expecting extreme temperatures or a hurricane, sod can be installed almost any time of the year. New sod will always need watering during the first four to eight weeks to ensure it will root properly. Too much water can result in disease so be sure to follow watering guidelines for your sod.
Sod Prices Will Depend On The Type of Grass You Buy
How much you’ll pay for sod will depend on the variety of grass you get. One of the biggest factors will be how much shade you have in your yard. Use our Shade Scale to help you select your sod.
Varieties Of Sod And Ground Cover
We grow and sell over 10 types of Florida grass and ground cover for your yard. Some of the things to consider when making a decision about what will work best in your yard are soil, amount of sun or shade, your commitment to watering, how much maintenance you’re willing to put in, the amount of traffic the turf must take, not to mention the look you’re going for. Take a look at the Varieties page to find the right sod solution for you or give us a call!
We also provide the option for you to pick up from a single piece of sod to a semi load directly from the farm in Wimauma. Note for installation purposes we do have a 400 square foot minimum. Also note piece sod sales are limited and subject to change based on availability.